Education level: Bac + 3
Starting salary: €2,900 gross
Confirmed salary: €5,000 gross
ROME Code: M1801
DPF code: M0Z60, M1Z81, M2Z90
1. The position in a nutshell
3. Responsibility of the cybersecurity administrator
6. In which sector to work?
7. How do I access the profession?
The position in a nutshell
The cybersecurity administrator ensures the proper functioning of security solutions. He participates in their development and dissemination to the personnel concerned, and is responsible for making them operational. To be sure to apply the right security techniques, he must be fully aware of the threats and potential incidents in his environment.
Equivalent title: Security Solutions Administrator, IT Security Administrator
The missions of the cybersecurity administrator are divided into several areas:
- Ensure the proper functioning of security solutions
- Implement a strategy with tools that are in line with industry standards
- Set up and regularly update security solutions and defined strategies
- Collect logs, or incident histories, as well as alerts detected by security solutions
- Produce documentation on the processes involved
- Follow up on actions taken to maintain security.
- Participate in the evolution of the security solutions used in order to maintain a state-of-the-art strategy in the sector
- Ensure the follow-up of failures identified by the security systems
- Install and validate new tools to evolve the strategy
- Define the access rights of each user according to their function, while preserving the continuous availability of services
- Select and install the software used within its scope
- Analyze and deal with IT system incidents and exceptions
- Educate users within its scope
- Train employees in the tools and software used in the company
Our advice: In smaller structures, the IT security administrator can also be the systems and network administrator. The latter is considered to be the digital technician, since he is in charge of all the equipment and networks of the group. Good versatility is appreciated.
Responsibility of the cybersecurity administrator
The role of the cybersecurity administrator is important in a structure, regardless of its size, because he will be in close collaboration with all the actors in the loop. He is responsible for ensuring that all security solutions work, that they are optimal, and that all users know how to use them correctly. This applies both to teams of employees and to individuals or customers who know nothing about digital. Without his pedagogy and watchful eye, security risks can increase tenfold.
The IT security administrator must be able to act efficiently and with certain rigor. What are the key skills for this position?
To be a cybersecurity administrator, certain technical skills will be required by employers:
- mastery of the architecture of an information system and production processes;
- mastery of operating systems, networks, as well as protocols for their security;
- able to use computer security tools such as antivirus or cryptography;
- proven skills in OT, or connected objects;
- knowledge of cybersecurity standards and legislation.
The job also requires being confident in your protocols and being able to communicate them easily. For that it is necessary :
- rigor ;
- analytical skills ;
- interest in the evolution of the sector;
- English proficiency.
The salary of a cybersecurity administrator can evolve according to the IS of the companies, according to their importance but also to the responsibilities that he endorses. The starting salary is €35,000 gross annually, or around €2,900 monthly. At the end of the career, the confirmed salary can go up to €60,000 gross annually, or nearly €5,000 monthly.
In which sector to work?
The position of cybersecurity administrator is essential in all structures: private companies, local authorities, service companies. Telecommunications groups like government departments may need this expert. Here are some companies that hire a cybersecurity administrator:
- the EDF group;
- Defense civilians;
Descriptif du métier dans le répertoire ANSSI
This profession is developing within organizations that have a SOC-type structure.
How to get into the job cybersecurity administrator?
Bac +3 to bac +5 training is recommended, with a strong specialization in IT and, more specifically, in cybersecurity.
Bachelor Cybersecurity specialist
The perfect path for the technical professions of cybersecurity. At your entrance, select your specialty (IT - IT or Industrial - OT) and start the adventure! Gateways exist for people who have already validated training related to the world of cyber or wrongly judged "distant" from the world of cyber
Master Cybersecurity manager
This 2-year program allows you to master the basic skills necessary for the position of cybersecurity manager and promote your professional integration. Its cost of €15,000 excluding tax per year is fully covered by our partner companies. CSB.SCHOOL is authorized to train and organize the assessment of the level 7 professional title "Expert in Information Systems" registered with the RNCP under number 17285
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.