The post in a nutshell:
The cybersecurity crisis manager often intervenes within a CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team) or an external or internal CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) for large organizations, or in a team dedicated to crisis management working closely with the CSIRT. He analyzes the extent of the crisis, implements the actions necessary to resolve it and coordinates the teams so that they apply his recommendations. He advises business departments in order to resolve cybersecurity crises. It organizes the organization’s ability to deal with new cybersecurity threats.
Equivalent title: Cybersecurity Crisis Management Organizer
- Advise the organization to enable it to have a capacity to manage major cybersecurity crises
- Define the means necessary for crisis management: plans, procedure, resources, etc.
- Check that all crisis preparedness elements are present
- Ensure the training and training of business or support actors likely to intervene in the event of a cybersecurity crisis; test and validate the organization’s ability to respond to an attack
- Organize crisis management to act and deal with the cybersecurity crisis
- Animate the decision-making crisis unit and contribute to the operational crisis cells
- Coordinate the action of the various parties present and the dissemination of information to stakeholders
- Monitor and coordinate action plans for investigation and remediation Ensure relations with the authorities, insurance companies and any external experts
- Ensure the consistency of the crisis communication strategy vis-à-vis stakeholders
- Organize post-mortem reviews and take into account feedback to follow up on incidents and propose improvements to prevention, detection and response systems
Our advice: this position is open to women and men. Motivation and the desire to learn are the fundamental qualities for the success of your project. Don’t put a barrier on yourself, you can do it.
- Good knowledge of the organization’s challenges and professions
- Knowledge of security technologies and related tools
- Mastery of the fundamentals in the main fields of ISS
- Cyberdefence: knowledge of crisis management
- Legal knowledge of IT law related to security and data protection
- Cyberdefense: knowledge of the types of attacks and intrusions
- Cyberdefense: knowledge of environment vulnerabilities
- Sense of general interest
- Ability to manage crisis situations
- Ability to appropriate business issues
- Ability to report back and popularize to non-technical audiences Ability to coordinate many teams
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Ability to communicate internally and externally
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
Within organizations that do not have a specific incident response structure, this job is not always dedicated; its missions can be carried out by the CISO or by other actors of the crisis management organization.
How to access into the job?
Education: Bac + 5, including a specialization in cybersecurity Professional experience of at least 5 years
Our Intra-company training
From 2023 the CSB SCHOOL will offer you to train your employees to help them develop their different skills in the cybersecurity field. After a thorough study of the need by our development manager, you will be put in touch with our different pedagogical experts on the identified theme.
Master Cybersecurity manager
This 2-year program allows you to master the basic skills necessary for the position of cybersecurity manager and promote your professional integration. Its cost of €15,000 excluding tax per year is fully covered by our partner companies. CSB.SCHOOL is authorized to train and organize the assessment of the level 7 professional title "Expert in Information Systems" registered with the RNCP under number 17285
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.