Education level: Bac +5
Starting salary: €2,500
Confirmed salary: €5,000
ROME Code: M1802
DPF code: M2Z
1. The position in a nutshell
3. Responsibility of the cybersecurity expert
6. In which sector to work?
7. How to access the job
The position in a nutshell
Risk analysis, planning of a security strategy: the cybersecurity technician is the protection process engineer. The specialist carries out an active watch to anticipate risks and react effectively to attacks. Rigorous and precise, he constantly develops the protection of the computer system (IS).
Equivalent title: Computer Technician, Cybersecurity Engineer, Computer Systems Security Expert
All the missions of the cybersecurity technician ensure the reliability and integrity of a computer system.
- Identify potential attacks according to business environments
- Monitor current threats and changes in hacker operating methods
- Prevent breach of sensitive IS data
- Detect and identify the sources of IT incidents
- Identify the security rules needed to counter potential attacks
- Diagnose attacks on IT services
- Administer Security Operating Center (SOC) solutions
- Scan for malware
- Propose adapted protection strategies
- Guide technical teams working on IS security
- Write security plans that meet the company’s requirements
- Share training materials with all teams
- Assist in the application of established security plans
Our advice: To stay at the level of art in your job, you need to be agile and adaptable. Rapid technological developments, particularly in computer language or protection protocols, should not be frightening.
Responsibilities of the cybersecurity technician
The job of cybersecurity technician has an operational and strategic impact. This project manager is responsible for supervising the security plan of an IS. He must watch out for potential attacks and stay at the forefront of cybersecurity protection. He participates in the drafting of company guides and standards so that everyone has a trusted contact on these IT security topics.
Adaptability, great organization, mastery of IS: what are the skills expected of a cybersecurity technician?
The position of cybersecurity technician requires advanced and extensive skills in its field:
- good knowledge of IS security and architecture;
- ability to carry out effective monitoring of technological developments;
- software development skills;
- very good command of computer languages for scripting, such as Python, Perl, C;
- ability to work on different OSes, such as Windows or Linux;
- ability to use network protocol analysis tools.
To communicate their strategies effectively, the technician must possess human qualities:
- great adaptability;
- good resistance to stress and pressure;
- good communication and education in the face of security issues;
- Anaytical and synthetical mind ;
- ability to work in a team with experts from different fields;
- demonstrate rigor and methodism.
The cybersecurity technician is an engineer in his field. Depending on its structure, experience and place of work, the salary can be very different. In France, the average monthly salary of a beginner cybersecurity technician is €3,000. It goes up to €5,000 for a confirmed profile. In the United States, an average annual salary can range from $70,000 to over $100,000.
In which sector to work?
The sectors of activity of a cybersecurity technician are varied, from defense to telecommunications, finance and insurance. The following companies, for example, are frequently on the lookout for cybersecurity specialists:
- Orange ;
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
This profession is developing within organizations that have a SOC-type structure.
How to get into the job of Cybersecurity technician?
To move towards the profession of cybersecurity technician, it is recommended to have a significant scientific background. A level of bac +5 studies is generally required. IT and cybersecurity specialties are particularly appreciated.
Master Cybersecurity manager
This 2-year program allows you to master the basic skills necessary for the position of cybersecurity manager and promote your professional integration. Its cost of €15,000 excluding tax per year is fully covered by our partner companies. CSB.SCHOOL is authorized to train and organize the assessment of the level 7 professional title "Expert in Information Systems" registered with the RNCP under number 17285
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.