The post in a nutshell:
The cybersecurity threat analyst studies the evolution of the motivations and operating methods of the attackers in order to allow the organization to adjust its cybersecurity strategy. At a more operational and technical level, it provides CERTs/CSIRTs and SOCs with reliable and contextualized information enabling them to adapt and improve their means of prevention, detection and incident response.
Equivalent title: Cyber threat intelligence analyst
Data collection and analysis:
- Collect, qualify, organize, cross-check and analyze raw data from different sources (dark web, open source information, social media, CERT, etc.)
- Maintain exchanges with networks of French and international counterparts
Intelligence activities (threat intelligence) on the context of cybersecurity threats:
- Understand the issues and the context of the cyber threat, monitor emerging threats
- Qualify the threats that may target a type of organization, study the level of exposure to risks
- Provide support in understanding the incidents encountered
Support for improving means of detection:
- Analyze known attack techniques and modus operandi
- Improve detection capabilities
Capitalization and sharing:
- Write alerts and analysis reports to better understand the threats to the environment
- Produce analysis documents to feed detection tools
- Update knowledge bases
- Share, during a cybersecurity incident or crisis, the state of understanding of the threat and the likely assumptions regarding the evolution of the incident or crisis
Our advice: this position is open to women and men. Motivation and the desire to learn are the fundamental qualities for the success of your project. Don’t put a barrier on yourself, you can do it.
- Good knowledge of the organization’s challenges and professions
- Ability to understand cybersecurity threats
- Ability to leverage open sources in a secure manner
- Implementation of monitoring plans for one or more specific sectors
- Detection, qualification and analysis of relevant information
- Geopolitical and geostrategic watch
- Ability to synthesize the elements analyzed
- Ability to integrate into networks to practice technology watch
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
This profession is developing within organizations that have a SOC-type structure.
How to access into the job?
Training: Bac + 5, including specialization in economic intelligence / monitoring or specialization in cybersecurity Knowledge of one or more foreign languages.
Are you looking forward to long studies? Is your job goal to quickly lead multidisciplinary teams?
Or do you enjoy life on our campus so much that you want to stay forever?
The 5-year program is made for you.
Our Master program is adapted to professions with supervising responsibilities and addresses specific cybersecurity requirements. It allows you to deepen and refine your knowledge and skills in one of our 3 specialisations: Information Technology (IT), Industrial (OT) or Management of Cybersecurity Operations (SOC).
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.