Education level: Bac +5
Starting salary: €2,900
Confirmed salary: €5,000
ROME Code: M1802
DPF code: M2Z
1. The position in a nutshell
3. Responsibility of the cybersecurity trainer
6. In which sector to work?
7. How do I access the profession?
The position in a nutshell
Like any teacher, the cybersecurity trainer follows programs that encompass several aspects: awareness, promotion and in-depth understanding of the subject. To share his skills, he produces various tools and training materials that he adapts according to his audience. He can be seasoned, especially in a computer structure, or completely neophyte. The cybersecurity trainer is a pedagogue and passionate about the aspect of sharing and scientific promotion of his profession.
Equivalent title: IT security training officer
The cybersecurity trainer’s missions will be similar, regardless of the audience he is turning to. They all aim to facilitate access to cybersecurity.
Design and planning
- Define different training and awareness plans according to the audiences and environments concerned.
- Design courses and training materials adapted to environments and users, to offer programs adapted to the most frequent risks.
Animation of workshops
- Offer internal and external training in the field of IS security.
- Organize combined workshops with experts from each area of cybersecurity, such as a cybersecurity analyst or architect.
- Manage IS security awareness actions with users.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Make sure you are informed about your sector to offer up-to-date training, by actively monitoring the technical, organizational and legislative context, as well as threats.
- Evaluate the level of the target audience at the start and at the end of training and awareness.
Our advice: The cybersecurity trainer must be able to cover broad topics, both theoretical and technical, such as the basics and common law of cybersecurity, computer hygiene for users or the administration of an IS.
Responsibility of the cybersecurity trainer
The cybersecurity trainer will have to adapt his content according to the people with whom he exchanges. This specialist shares, with pedagogy, skills to ensure cybersecurity awareness for companies and students alike.
Depending on the degree of expertise of the public, it may be required to propose a more complex program. Awareness goes beyond the theoretical and this time includes examples or practical processes that he is responsible for popularizing. He can also be the first contributor within a company that decides to take charge of its cybersecurity. It will demystify the sector and the complexity of security solutions or IS architecture, to help make the best strategic choices.
For this reason, it is essential that his passion and interest in the sector remain at the level of the state of the art. It must share information which, based on the past of cybersecurity, is enriched by developments in the sector. By sharing current knowledge, it enables companies and the public to provide more effective security.
The cybersecurity trainer must have a solid foundation in cybersecurity and IT and be able to explain them easily. His skills are as technical as they are human.
Staying abreast of innovations in the sector, being able to explain the architecture of an IS: all these requests necessarily require advanced technical skills.
- Master the tools specific to computer systems security training.
- Know IS and their architectural principles.
- Know the technologies and security tools.
- Know how to manage security risks.
- Know the cybersecurity policies by environment.
- Master the fundamentals of the main areas of ISS.
- Monitor cybersecurity technologies and trends.
The cybersecurity trainer is above all a teacher, an awareness-raising actor. These human qualities are an asset for his job:
- strong spirit of collaboration, ability to work in a team;
- spirit of synthesis and popularization;
- education on cybersecurity topics;
- empathy ;
- creativity and adaptability to offer work and exercises adapted to its audience.
If it is an in-demand position, the cybersecurity trainer may have offers that vary wildly in salary. This will depend on his previous experience, certifications or skills he can attest to. Depending on the missions he carries out (more or less technical, over a longer or shorter duration, etc.), the remuneration also varies. In general, it is necessary to estimate between 2,000 and 2,900 € gross monthly at the start of your career. Over time, the salary can go beyond €4,000 gross monthly.
In which sector to work?
The cybersecurity trainer can work for any type of company, whether in the public or private sector. He can turn to a training organization like practicing as a freelancer with structures or other freelancers. Here are some companies looking for cybersecurity trainers:
- Orange ;
- The General Mutual.
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
This profession is developing within organizations that have a SOC-type structure.
How to get into the job of cybersecurity trainer?
The majority of cybersecurity trainers will come from a Bac+5 level diploma with a strong specialization in IT and cybersecurity. Certification or skills in pedagogical engineering such as collective animation will be appreciated.
Master Cybersecurity manager
This 2-year program allows you to master the basic skills necessary for the position of cybersecurity manager and promote your professional integration. Its cost of €15,000 excluding tax per year is fully covered by our partner companies. CSB.SCHOOL is authorized to train and organize the assessment of the level 7 professional title "Expert in Information Systems" registered with the RNCP under number 17285
Bachelor Cybersecurity specialist
The perfect path for the technical professions of cybersecurity. At your entrance, select your specialty (IT - IT or Industrial - OT) and start the adventure! Gateways exist for people who have already validated training related to the world of cyber or wrongly judged "distant" from the world of cyber
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.