The post in a nutshell:
The project security manager ensures that IS security aspects are properly taken into account in the design and implementation of an IT or business project. In general, the project security manager assists the business project manager and the IT project manager on these aspects. He works with the lawyers and the DPO if the project includes the processing of personal data.
Equivalent title: Responsible for the integration of security in projects
Expression of security needs:
- Analyze security needs and perform project security risk analysis
- Check that the proposed technical and functional solutions meet the identified security requirements
- Define additional security measures to address the risks
- Follow the security of developments if necessary
- Monitor the security of the architectures and initial settings with the possible help of experts
- Assess suppliers and third parties when signing contracts and ensure the implementation of a security insurance plan, depending on the nature of the solutions and services provided
- Launch assessments, tests or audits related to IS security
- Contribute to carrying out certification procedures for systems that require it
- Contribute to qualifying residual security risks before going into production
- Ensure user training in IS security aspects where applicable
Our advice: this position is open to women and men. Motivation and the desire to learn are the fundamental qualities for the success of your project. Don’t put a barrier on yourself, you can do it.
- Taking security into account in projects
- Project and project portfolio management
- Mastery of the information system, the urbanization and the architecture of the IS
- Mastery of the fundamentals in the main fields of ISS
- Legal knowledge of IT law related to security and data protection
- Knowledge of security technologies and related tools
- Knowledge of security risk analysis methodologies
- Team work
- Pedagogy on cybersecurity topics
- Ability to work cross-functionally within the organization
- Ability to appropriate business issues
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
As not all projects require the presence of a project security manager, some of these missions can be taken on by the project manager who occasionally relies on experts in the field.
How to access into the job?
Training: Bac +3 to Bac +5, including a specialization in cybersecurity Profession accessible from prior experience in IT project management
Bachelor Cybersecurity specialist
The perfect path for the technical professions of cybersecurity. At your entrance, select your specialty (IT - IT or Industrial - OT) and start the adventure! Gateways exist for people who have already validated training related to the world of cyber or wrongly judged "distant" from the world of cyber
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.