Education level: Bac +5
Employability: Very good
Starting salary: €5,000
Confirmed salary: €7,000
ROME Code: M1802
DPF code: M2Z
1. The position in a nutshell
3. Responsibility of the cybersecurity architect
6. In which sector to work?
7. How do I access the profession?
The post in a nutshell:
The IS security architect ensures that the technical and technological choices of IT and business projects comply with the security requirements of the organization. It constitutes the technical authority on security architectures, defines security models and supports the development of security architectures within the IS, in line with the IT strategy and the security policies of the organization.
Equivalent title: IT Security Architect
- Establish the IS security architecture strategy in line with the overall business strategy and contribute to the application of the principles of the global security model
- Develop reference models for architectures
- Contribute to the translation of security policies into operational security standards
- Support project managers in the design of the architecture, specify the various settings and define the technical security requirements to integrate new systems or upgrade existing systems
- Advise on the choice of technical solutions and recommend secure architectures for one or a set of information systems; ensure regulatory compliance where applicable
- Participate in the choice of publishers and IS service providers from a security perspective
- Regularly review the existing architecture, identify gaps and make recommendations for security improvements
- Define security validation testing strategies and monitor recommendations
- Advise on the use and combination of existing security bricks
- Analyze the security risks associated with the introduction of new technologies or new information systems
- Monitor new threats and take them into account when defining security architectures
- Maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure a technological watch on innovations and security tools in order to integrate them into security architectures if necessary
- Contribute to the rise in maturity of technical architects and urban planners in the field of IS security
- Collaborate with technical security specialists to consolidate a holistic view of security
Our advice: this position is open to women and men. Motivation and the desire to learn are the fundamental qualities for the success of your project. Don’t put a barrier on yourself, you can do it.
- Mastery of the information system, urbanization and architecture of the IS Security of operating systems
- Network security and protocols
- Contribution of architectures to security: design and models Contribution of architectures to security: integration of systems
- Market security solutions knowledge Cyber security technology watch and trend study
- Cybersecurity innovation Ability to understand cybersecurity threats
- Ability to work cross-functionally within the organization
- Ability to integrate into networks to practice technology watch
The reality of the cybersecurity market is that currently, positions are paid less in France than in the United States or Canada. The cybersecurity architect can have a salary of $100 to $200,000 annually in these destinations. The computer security architect, in France, has an average starting salary of €4,000 to €5,000 gross monthly, depending on structure and location. With experience, this remuneration can range from 7,000 to 8,000 € gross monthly.
In which sector to work?
The demand for security architects is growing on the job market, as the digitalization of companies forces them to improve their protection against threats. All sectors are then concerned: public services, telecommunications, insurance, software publishers. Some companies are specifically looking for this expert profile:
- Defense civilians;
- Bouygues IT.
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
The security architect must be able to understand the complexity and rapid evolution of information systems, both technically and functionally. He must master the concepts of security architecture in evolving environments (Cloud, virtualization, API, etc.).
How to access into the job?
Training: Bac +5, including a specialization in cybersecurity Profession accessible from prior experience in technical architecture of information systems
Master Cybersecurity expert
The Master's block is adapted to professions with responsibility and to very specific needs of cybersecurity. It will allow you to deepen and refine your knowledge and skills in one of our 4 specialties: Information Technology (IT), Industrial (OT), Security Operations Center (SOC) or Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC).
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.