Security incident response analyst
You like to explain sometimes complex concepts to uninitiated audiences, you have writing skills and like teamwork, this position is for you.
The post in a nutshell:
The security incident response analyst generally works within a CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) or CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team). In the event of suspicion of malicious activity or an attack within the information system, the security incident response analyst analyzes the symptoms and performs technical analyzes on the information system. It identifies the attacker’s modus operandi and qualifies the extent of the compromise. It provides remediation recommendations to ensure the remediation and hardening of attacked systems.
Equivalent title: CERT analyst, CSIRT analyst, digital investigation specialist, incident handling analyst
- Monitor new vulnerabilities, new technologies and attack methods relating to the various components of the information system
- Feed threat intelligence databases
- Maintain and develop investigation tools
- Collect technical information from a large set of information systems, carry out the search for indicators of compromise
- Analyze the technical surveys carried out in order to identify the modus operandi and the attacker’s objective and to qualify the extent of the compromise
- Write investigation reports
- Recommend incident bypass and remediation measures (remediation and hardening)
- Recommend measures to improve analytical capabilities (extraction of indicators of compromise)
- Prepare reports
Our advice: this position is open to women and men. Motivation and the desire to learn are the fundamental qualities for the success of your project. Don’t put a barrier on yourself, you can do it.
- Mastery of the information system, the urbanization and the architecture of the IS
- Post-mortem analysis (forensic): knowledge of analysis tools
- Post-mortem analysis (forensic): knowledge of legal procedures
- Cyberdefence: practice of network flow analysis
- Cyberdefense: knowledge of attack and intrusion techniques
- Cyberdefense: knowledge of Scripting environment vulnerabilities
- Capacity for restitution and popularization for non-technical audiences
- Drafting of reports adapted to different levels of interlocutors
- Team work
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Ethical sense
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
The Security Incident Response Analyst may specialize as a System Analyst, Network Analyst, Malicious Code Analyst.
How to access into the job?
Education: Bac +5, including specialization in cybersecurity
Our Intra-company training
From 2023 the CSB SCHOOL will offer you to train your employees to help them develop their different skills in the cybersecurity field. After a thorough study of the need by our development manager, you will be put in touch with our different pedagogical experts on the identified theme.
Master Cybersecurity manager
This 2-year program allows you to master the basic skills necessary for the position of cybersecurity manager and promote your professional integration. Its cost of €15,000 excluding tax per year is fully covered by our partner companies. CSB.SCHOOL is authorized to train and organize the assessment of the level 7 professional title "Expert in Information Systems" registered with the RNCP under number 17285
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.