Education level: Bac +3
Employability: Very good
Starting salary: €2,000
Confirmed salary: €4,000
ROME Code: M1802
DPF code: M2Z
1. The position in a nutshell
3. Responsibility of the cybersecurity administrator
6. In which sector to work?
7. How do I access the profession?
The position in a nutshell
The security solutions integrator participates in defining the architecture of his company’s IS. He is mainly responsible for thinking about the assembly of the defined security solution, according to the environments, to ensure that the operational conditions of the IT department are maintained. This is a day-to-day design, monitoring and maintenance position.
Equivalent title: In English, security product integrator
Its essential mission is to assemble the security solution of the computer system. To define this architecture, he has several tasks to perform.
- Define the architecture of the information system and ensure its technicality as well as its functionality
- Assemble the different components of an IS and its security solutions
- Define the interfaces and their components as well as the evolutions to consider
- Create accessible documentation on the built solution
- Participate in integrating the solution into its production environment
- Define the target technical architecture according to this environment
- Initiate the test and mock-up phases
- Collaborate with the project manager to implement the industrialization and production of the solution
- Configure the solution according to the optimal security requirements for its environment
- Ensure up-to-date documentation of implementation processes
- Oversee IT services and manage failure alerts
- Make recommendations to improve the versions of security solutions
- Monitor potential incidents
- Advise with pedagogy on the optimal configuration
- Train its employees in the evolution of security solutions
- Ensure constant development through technological monitoring
Our advice: The security solutions integrator must be proactive in securing a company’s infrastructure. He can recommend the security of networks, clear processes, reinforced access management or even the implementation of biometrics. You have to be knowledgeable and interested.
Responsibility of the security solutions integrator
From the design to the integration of the solution, through its production and monitoring leading to its implementation, the expert is a tailor-made security advisor. It supports the company to improve its security system, and the tools or solutions used. It thereby facilitates the work of analysts or project security managers by providing them with a clean and efficient IT architecture.
The position of security solutions integrator implies having skills in cybersecurity, but also demonstrating strong procedural fluency. What are the key skills?
Computer skills, but also a capacity for management and information are essential:
- mastery of the information system, urbanization and architecture of the computer system;
- knowledge of security solutions and their developments;
- mastery of the configuration of security tools;
- ability to design, model and integrate security systems;
- know how to manage and organize projects;
- be able to meet technical or regulatory requirements.
The security solutions integrator may have a position that has a strong relational need. For this, human skills will be necessary:
- rigor and autonomy;
- good communication and pedagogy;
- efficiency and responsiveness;
- the ability to work in a team ;
- ability to define procedures and communicate them effectively.
The margin of evolution on the remuneration of a security solutions integrator in France is significant. At the start of a career, the average salary will be around €35 to €42,000 a year. The latter can evolve up to 70,000 € annually with experience in a large structure.
In which sector to work?
Many sectors and types of organizations are interested in the position of security solutions integrator. The latter is sought in banks, insurance, telecommunications or software publishers. The companies looking to recruit are:
- the General Directorate of Homeland Security;
- Orange ;
- University Hospitals;
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
This profession is developing within organizations that have a SOC-type structure.
How to get into the job How to get into the job
Whether with a bac+3 or a bac+5, the security solutions integrator must above all have a specialization in cybersecurity. Experience in the field of information systems security will be a good asset for this position.
Master Cybersecurity manager
This 2-year program allows you to master the basic skills necessary for the position of cybersecurity manager and promote your professional integration. Its cost of €15,000 excluding tax per year is fully covered by our partner companies. CSB.SCHOOL is authorized to train and organize the assessment of the level 7 professional title "Expert in Information Systems" registered with the RNCP under number 17285
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.