Education level: Bac +5
Employability: Very good
Starting salary: €3,300
Confirmed salary: €5,800
ROME Code: M1802
DPF code: M2Z
1. The position in a nutshell
3. Responsibility of the cybersecurity consultant
6. In which sector to work?
7. How do I access the profession?
The post in a nutshell:
Services or the internal consulting center of an organization. It offers, based on a diagnosis, solutions, methods, tools, etc. that respond to the issues raised. To do this, it mobilizes elements from its expertise and experience as well as tools developed internally. It anticipates changes in the cybersecurity context, provides feedback and a vision of market practices. He can contribute to the definition of the organization’s cybersecurity strategy and the implementation of cybersecurity solutions. He brings his expertise on both methodological and technical subjects.
Equivalent title: Security consultant, ISS consultant
Advice on security policy:
- Contribute to defining the cybersecurity and compliance strategy (with regulations, requirements repositories) of the client’s organization, assess the necessary budgetary commitment
- Carry out assessments of the security level of the client’s organization, compare it to the state of the art on the market
- Make recommendations and recommendations on improving the level of security
- Inform and raise awareness of general management and business departments on cybersecurity issues and the state of the threat
Assistance to security teams:
- Set up security methodologies and processes, carry out security risk analyzes
- Intervene in the integration of security standards and provide expertise during the implementation of security projects
- Assist in the choice and use of security tools, inform on the evolution of tools
- Provide expertise to analyze security incidents and establish corrective and improvement plans for IS security (technical and organizational)
- Train users, technical workers and other operational relays in security technologies and systems
Contribution of technical expertise:
- Monitor existing and emerging threats and define the protective measures to be put in place
- Provide expertise on security incidents on the information system, on the techniques used and the profile of attackers if necessary
- Provide security expertise in a technical field (state of the art)
Our advice: this position is open to women and men. Motivation and the desire to learn are the fundamental qualities for the success of your project. Don’t put a barrier on yourself, you can do it.
- Mastery of the fundamentals in the main fields of ISS
- Knowledge of security technologies and related tools
- Risk management, cybersecurity policy and ISMS
- Knowledge of governance, norms and standards in the field of security: ISO standards (2700X), sector standards (PCI-DSS, etc.) Cyberdefence: knowledge of the vulnerabilities of environments Cybersecurity technology watch and study of trends
- Ability to carry out a diagnosis and propose solutions adapted to the context
- Sense of listening to customer needs
- Ability to synthesize the elements analyzed
- Ability to report back to management
- Ability to work cross-functionally within the organization
- Drafting of reports adapted to different levels of interlocutors
- Pedagogy on cybersecurity topics
- Ability to work in a team
The profession of cybersecurity consultant can be exercised in structures with very different objectives and sizes. Consequently, the salary can change drastically depending on the environments in which the expert operates. The salary expectation at the beginning of the career is approximately €3,300 gross monthly. This remuneration can go up to 5,800 € gross monthly once the consultant is better established in his career. This is a very popular position in the United States, where offers can go up to $130,000 annually.
In which sector to work?
Structures from any sector may be looking for a cybersecurity consultant. This expert can turn to his affinities, for example in industry, the public, banking or telecommunications. Which companies hire a cyber consultant?
- Orange ;
- The General Mutual.
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
The security consultant is often specialized in one or more areas of cybersecurity: organizational security, technical security, IAM, etc.
How to access into the job?
Training: Bac+5 to doctorate or post-doctorate, Habilitation to Direct Research
Our Intra-company training
From 2023 the CSB SCHOOL will offer you to train your employees to help them develop their different skills in the cybersecurity field. After a thorough study of the need by our development manager, you will be put in touch with our different pedagogical experts on the identified theme.
Master Cybersecurity manager
This 2-year program allows you to master the basic skills necessary for the position of cybersecurity manager and promote your professional integration. Its cost of €15,000 excluding tax per year is fully covered by our partner companies. CSB.SCHOOL is authorized to train and organize the assessment of the level 7 professional title "Expert in Information Systems" registered with the RNCP under number 17285
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.