Education level: Bac +5
Starting salary: €2,800
Confirmed salary: €5,000
ROME Code: M1802
DPF code: M2Z
1. The position in a nutshell
3. Responsibility of the cybersecurity expert
6. In which sector to work?
7. How to access the job
The position in a nutshell
The cybersecurity expert is one of the professions of the future in the technological revolution of companies. The mission of the expert is to detect all the flaws in their computer system, on the Internet as well as on the intranet. By developing an unstoppable protection system, it protects the company from viruses and hackers. Curious, he remains on the lookout for developments in cybersecurity to offer a system at the forefront of security.
Equivalent title: IT Security Expert, Web Security Engineer, Information Security Analyst
The computer security expert has a role of analysis, protection and recommendation.
Studies and diagnoses
- Carry out diagnostics to study the reliability of an IS
- Determine malfunctions and assess the level of vulnerability sensitivity
- Bring a critical and enriched look at the analysis
Advice and recommendations
- Propose solutions specific to their area of expertise
- Advise on the implementation of a state-of-the-art security system in the field
- Participate in the design of an IT security recommendation and implementation plan
- Develop technical documentation on security standards
- Share internally the standards of the processes to be respected
- Be the recognized point of contact internally and externally
- Stay at the forefront of market innovations (software, hardware, network) in your area of expertise
- Take part in discussions on the choice of suppliers
- Be in contact with suppliers to monitor developments in security solutions on the market
Our advice: The most sought-after cybersecurity expert is someone of any gender from another profession, who has years of experience in a specific technical field that they continue to study in order to provide specializing in corporate security.
Responsibility of the cybersecurity expert
The expert is responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of the defined technical plan. This requires good communication with employees and customers so that technical standards are correctly observed. Its role as an analyst and advisor ensures that network users avoid all risks of computer attacks. Say goodbye to viruses and hackers.
Curiosity, great technique, taste for communication: what skills are essential to the position of IT security expert?
The cybersecurity expert must have technical skills in his field but also know how to manage and organize projects:
- good knowledge of the information system and its architecture;
- renewed interest in security solutions and cybersecurity innovations;
- ability to understand cybersecurity threats;
- analyze the needs of a project to design optimized technical solutions;
- implement technical security procedures and ensure quality control.
Technical skills aren’t everything. The expert must demonstrate:
- rigor ;
- ability to synthesize technical standards;
- curiosity and adaptability to integrate into procedures in constant innovation.
A beginner can expect a monthly gross salary of €2,800. Depending on his evolution of position and responsibilities, the computer security expert can have a confirmed salary of up to €70,000 gross per year.
In which sector to work?
Experts can work for the cybersecurity of national infrastructures, industrial environments, such as in health, sales, telecommunications or transport. It can also ensure the security of financial services frequently victims of cybercrime.
The following companies regularly recruit cybersecurity experts:
- Orange ;
- The postal bank ;
Description of the profession in the ANSSI directory
The security specialist has expertise in the security of a particular technical field (system, network, industrial components, IoT, Active Directory, Cloud, IAM, Artificial Intelligence, etc.). It plays a role of advice, assistance, information, training and alert and can intervene directly on all or part of a project that falls within its area of expertise, whether in the phases of study, implementation or maintenance in safe conditions.
How to get into the job cybersecurity expert?
Specialized higher education and several years of experience in a technical field are preferred to become an expert in cybersecurity. Having a bac +5, with a strong specialization in cybersecurity, will often be a prerequisite.
Master Cybersecurity expert
The Master's block is adapted to professions with responsibility and to very specific needs of cybersecurity. It will allow you to deepen and refine your knowledge and skills in one of our 4 specialties: Information Technology (IT), Industrial (OT), Security Operations Center (SOC) or Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC).
The complete career guide
Condimentum lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio. Nibh cras pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat. Facilisis gravida neque convallis a cras semper auctor neque vitae.
Same field jobs
Our school provides training in 21 cybersecurity jobs, from technical to supervising positions, from IT operations to industrial systems security. Here is the list of jobs you will be trained for by attending one of our training programs.